Executive Director – Full-Time
Grand Island Public Library Foundation is seeking a full-time Executive Director to lead the organization through a period of transition as it works to fulfill its goals of increasing community awareness, deepening donor engagement, and providing for organizational excellence. The Foundation Executive Director works closely with the Foundation Board of Directors and the Grand Island Public Library Director to enhance the Foundation financially and to promote the Library in the community.
The responsibilities of the Foundation Executive Director include advancing the Foundation’s mission, developing a fundraising vision and plan, and meeting fundraising goals. The individual in this position will have the opportunity to guide the Foundation as it completes its journey to a highly functioning fundraising entity. The Foundation Executive Director is expected to be knowledgeable about all aspects of fundraising, including but not limited to: annual events, annual appeals, major campaigns, bequests, and donor stewardship. In addition, the person hired will work closely with Library employees.
• Ability to raise significant dollars.
• Entrepreneurial approach to soliciting funds and grants.
• Knowledge of goal development and implementation.
• Ability to establish and maintain community, state, and national contacts.
• Ability to develop presentations on behalf of the Foundation
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to be organized, prioritize, and manage time well.
• Knowledge of marketing strategies and their applications.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to coordinate diverse functions in a coherent and professional manner.
• Knowledge of budget development and maintenance.
• Ability to conduct research.
• Ability to design, implement, and finish projects independently.
• Ability to utilize and support a volunteer board and coordinate volunteers
To apply, candidates should prepare a cover letter and resume. Email the cover letter and resume to email@example.com.