Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Grand Island Public Library
Applications for Volunteer service are available at the Library’s Circulation Desk.
Please fill out the entire application and sign it. Your application cannot be processed unless it’s complete. A background check is conducted on all adult applicants, and can take up to two weeks. When your background check is completed, the volunteer coordinator will contact you.
Types of Volunteer Needs:
- Creative Consultants – Creative, tech-savvy individuals needed to create multi-media productions and materials
- Dusting and Cleaning – Help keep our library spotless and dust-free
- Lawn and Garden – Green thumbs needed to assist with weeding and other general garden care
- Media Reviewers – Watch videos and listen to book and music CD’s to identify problems
- Multicultural Consultant – Assist us with translating communications into other languages spoken in our community. (Spanish, Arabic, Vietnamese)
- Shelving – Return materials to their proper place on the shelves in the library
- Office Organization Specialists– Help with filing, scanning, sorting, and other office-type tasks
- Home bound drivers – Deliver materials to patrons who are unable to visit the library
- Toy Maintenance – Assist us in organizing, cleaning, and rotating the toys in our children’s area
- Special Events – Wide variety of programs throughout the year for all ages
Ready to volunteer at your library? Complete this interest form & we will be in touch: https://www.gilibrary.org/how-do-i/volunteer-at-the-library/volunteer-interest
Please click here to contact us today!